This morning after breakfast out with hubby, I cooked 1 whole chicken (moderate size) with dark soy sauce. Aya is on PM duty so she 'tapau' some of it with rice to work. Come lunch time, Farouk came to eat, Noormy who woke up also ate as she is going to work at 1.30pm. Farouk said he wanted to 'tapau' some rice with it for his girl friend. Then hubby came and we had lunch together. After washing the dishes I peeped into the pot of 'Chicken Ketchup' and saw only a few pieces of chicken left he he.
Hish I told myself, I think I have to cook some food for dinner. Aya will come home from work at 1030pm and surely will ask what's for dinner (supper?) & Noormy will come back from work at 1130pm and also wants to eat. Sigh, seem like both my girls are workaholic like their dad.
Hubby is on night duty and as usual will 'tapau' some food to work. He doesn't like to eat rice without soup so I decided to stay in the kitchen to cook 'Chicken Breast with Mushroom with dark Soy Sauce'. That's a long name but to cook it is so simple.
1. Cut breast of Chicken into thin slices, washed and drip dry in a sieve. Put aside.
2. Soak 4 pieces of dried Mushroom in a bowl of water. Later sliced and put aside.
3. Ground 3 garlic, 1 small red onion, 2" ginger and slice 2 bulbs of lemon grass.
5. Add in the grounded ingredients and lemon grass. Stir and add half a cup of water to avoid ingredients getting burnt.
6. Add in 2 flat teaspoonful of Adabi's 'Perencah sup' powder. Continue stirring.
7. Add in the sliced Chicken breast.
8. Add in 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dark Soy sauce.
9. Add in the sliced mushroom.
10. Add in 1 tablespoon of Tomato sauce & 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
11. Add in half of a big onion (sliced) & lastly 1 cup of water.
12. Boil until chicken breast is tender and gravy slightly thick.
My Chicken Breast with Mushroom with Dark Soy Sauce
P/s. When cooking with dark soy sauce, MI doesn't add salt to the food as the dark soy sauce is salty.