'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Friday, November 26, 2010

357. Steamboat

Zu and I prepared 'Steamboat' for dinner last night. I'd preferred we have it for lunch instead but aya was on morning duty and came back in the evening so I said okay.

We don't usually have 'Steamboat' for a meal but when we do you can see there will be plenty of food on the table. This time it was Zu's idea to have it. So once again I took out my 'Steamboat' equipment from my cupboard and lay it out on the dinner table he he...

I know Zu likes the grilling part rather than the boiling soup as you can see here...

I prepared lots of cut 'cili padi' dipped in dark soy sauce with some lime juice (limau kasturi) squeezed in a bowl. That's to eat the cooked ingredients with.

As for the soup, I added some MAGGI chicken cubes in and add salt and ajinomoto to taste.

Steamboat for Dinner


Cili Padi with dark soy sauce (ketchup)



Vegetables & Tauhu



Fishballs, Sotong Crab Meat Balls



Cut Chicken Meat


Fresh Sotong




Marinated Cut Chicken Breast


Marinated Chicken Boxings



Marinated Red Meat


Half way Grilling the marinated ingredients






Everyone sat together at table when the soup started boiling. It was fun really as everybody (hubby, myself, Zu, Aya, Alif & Noormy except Farouk who was living out) were eating and chatting at the same time.

Alif sat at table to enjoy the soup



We had fun and we were all full!

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Love,
Mak isah.


Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

TK said...

Wah Mak Isah..Rajinnya buat steamboat
Sedap sgt nampak steamboat tu.
Drooling nih..
Your children are very lucky!
This post really makes me hungry!

Unknown said...

Ha ha TK, ni buat sekali sekala je, ikut mood :P Memang sedap kalo makan ramai2.
He he ..glad mak isah made you hungry!

Have a good sunday!

Shenny's mommy said...

Banyaknya makanan you prepared for steamboat. Your children is very lucky to have you around.

Anonymous said...

Ini mmg best..makan steamboat and chit chat with family...Puan ni mmg rajin la...hari2 masak, tak mcm i, hari2 pack food :)
I also like grill stuff, Puan Isah..!!

Unknown said...

Shenny' mommy...this one if Zu not helping me with the preparation, tak larat I he he...so since it was her idea I said we share the work ah :)

Thanks and I feel I am lucky to have my children around me :)

Unknown said...

Mrs Bee...ala..sekali sekala rajin ni he he...tapi memang enjoy having steamboat at home with everyone making noises :)

I especially loveeee grilled stuff too! (shhh...without thinking the diet once in a while la).