My 3rd daughter Aya was off yesterday. Since Mak isah was busy looking after hubby who wasn't well, she monopolize the kitchen :)
She made this 'Harschcake Kentang' for yesterday's evening tea for me and hubby. Mak isah so proud of her Mak isah want to share the recipe with you.
8 mushrooms (tin type) cut into cubes
120gm Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 cup flour
Salt and white pepper to taste
To Prepare :-
1. Boil the potatoes 3/4 cooked. Grate the potatoes through a medium size hole grater.
2. Mix in the mushrooms and the cheese as well as the potatoes together in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg lightly and add in as well.
4. Add in the flour.
5. Add salt and pepper.
To Cook :-
1. Heat a little oil in a non stick pan.
2. Spread a little flour over your left palm and place some of the dough on to it.
3. Press with your right hand fingers until it is flat like a pancake or shaped like a hash brown potatoes.
4. Place onto the heated pan and cooked until brown on both sides.
5. Eat while hot with some chilli sauce or by itself together with hot tea.
Have a nice tea time!