So..it's 2 minutes to voting day for Sarawak. Mak isah also going out voting with hubby later in the morning.
To all the people of Sarawak have a good voting day!
For Lunch we had a 'Simple Sweet Sour Chicken'.
1. To prepare, we need to cut, clean one whole chicken.
2. Drip dry the cleaned cut chicken in a sieve.
3. Dip each chicken cut in a bowl of beaten egg then spread it with 'Kentucky All Purpose' flour.
Kentucky All Purpose Flour
4. Deep fry in hot cooking oil.
5. Fry all the cut chicken the same way until finish.
6. Keep aside in a large flat glass dish or plate.
They are all fried. At this point my girls can't wait so they started to 'curi makan' without waiting for the sauce.
1. To prepare the sauce, cut one large onion, ginger, one red chilli and 1 garlic.
2. Saute these ingredients. Add one cup of water.
3. Add one cup of 'Maggi Tomato Sauce'. You may add another cup of water if you want more sauce.
4. Add a teaspoon of Cornflour. Stir well.
5. Add some cut pineapple and cucumber pieces in.
Some Cut Pineapple and Cucumber Pieces
5. Add a tablespoon of sugar and salt to taste.
6. Let boil under small fire for 2 minutes.
7. Pour the sauce onto the fried chicken.
Serve hot with white rice.
1. Keep sauce aside if you are not eating immediately. Pouring the sauce will let it seeps into the chicken.
2. Some Kentucky All Purpose flour is more salty so there is no need to marinate the chicken with some salt before frying.