Yesterday morning I was in a hurry to finish making this 'Umai Ikan Tenggiri' before going to voting. Late too. Hubby and I had wanted to leave the house at 930am earlier on. Instead we left at 1030am. But all went well.
But geram la tengok these Mackerel that my SIL caught offshore. See?
I have talked in a previous post about making this 'Umai' here but with 'Asam Paya' (Asam Rumbia).
This time I used a lot of limes and vinegar instead.
About 30 t0 35 limes
And these...Except for the cili padi (which you can either ground or sliced) , slice the ginger and onions into small thin slices.
Preparation for 'Umai' you can read it here. :)
My ready made 'Umai Ikan Tenggiri'
A'ahh...for 2 hours I made this 'Umai' preparation, right from I started slicing the Mackerel flesh into tiny slices to the tasting whether 'cukup masam, masin dan pedas nya' :p
But I got that ready for lunch before going voting.
When I came home after the vote, I cooked this...
Ikan Tenggiri Masak Kicap
Luckily my eldest daughter Zu had fried some Ikan Tenggiri, so all I need to prepare was the sauce.
To Prepare the Ketchup Sauce :-
1. Saute 1 large onion, 1 garlic, 1 inch ginger and 1 fresh red chilli (all sliced) in a pan.
2. When aromatic, pour 1 cup of water and add 1/2 cup of Dark Soy Sauce (kicap) in.
3. Let boiled for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt to taste.
5. Pour sauce over the arranged fried cut fish.
Menu was a 'fishy' menu he he....