Thursday, November 24, 2011
427. Sambal Udang Kering Campur Telor
I made this yesterday evening as a side dish for dinner the first time after a long time. Aya forgot and said why it was that I never made it before. I said I did. She didn't remember.
Today before lunch she asked if I can make the same side dish one more time. I asked, ' do you like it?' She said,' yes of course'. Ha ha.. and I did.
Mak isah don't know if any of you are allergic to prawns or dry prawns. I hope not too many though. Noormy is allergic to fresh prawns nowadays. But with dried prawns she's okay.
I bought these dry prawns during my last short visit in KK for RM35 per kilo. Do you think it is cheap? But in Miri it costs more than that.
You can make this dish hot or not hot. I made it real hot by adding 10 - 12 chilli padi beside adding a tablespoon of blended dried chillies.
1. Wash a handful of dried prawns and drip dry in a sieve.
2. Heat some cooking oil in a frying pan.
3. Throw in grounded 2 small red onions & 3 garlic plus a tablespoon of blended dried chillies.
4. Stir well. Add in 1 egg and continue stirring.
5. Add in grounded 12 chilli padi with the lightly grounded dried prawns as well.
6. Stir and add salt to taste.
7. Serve as a side dish with hot rice.
This can also be eaten with white bread or use as a filling for puffs.
Created at 4:02 PM