'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

205. Long Wait

I got sick as soon as after sending my youngest daughter to the MGH the other day. And I am sure it was because due to me not consuming enough fluids and not eating when I was hungry at that time.

What happened that day was Noormy was supposed to be on duty at 11am that Sunday. But she got up from bed still feeling nauseated and when she was about to go to work she said she couldn't stand properly as she was feeling giddy. She has vomitted during the night, I thought she would feel better in the morning but she was not.

It was Sunday. We rushed to see her one of her panel doctors, Dr Dorothy but we missed, she was closed for the Sunday at 12noon. Then I rushed her to see Dr Arif but it was after 12noon they said he was rushing for his meeting and they were closed for the day too.

So no where else to go I brought her to the General Hospital A & E (Accident & Emergency).



















After registering and paying a dollar, we were told to go and placed her particulars at the basket near ROOM 3. Did you see the trolley beside the door? Yep that's where the paper was placed...soon there were others too on top of it.























There were many people and there weren't enough chairs to sit. I got to sit in one chair and Noormy said she will sit on the floor and wait.























Oh yes, we waited for 2 whole hours before we could see a male nurse. He prescribed her a bottle of Magnesium Trisilicate and when I asked Noormy to be given a sick leave for the day, she was told to wait outside ROOM 1 (patients are seen by a medical doctor in this room).
An hour passed, still Noormy's name wasn't called yet until Noormy said she couldn't wait any longer as she feels nauseated again and would feel better if she can lie down. So after taking the Magnesium Trisilicate we just head for home.

During the 3 hours wait, there was this tv on but showing this Tamil Talk. Hmm...how many of us can understand Tamil?



















It was during that 3 hours wait that I forgot to drink and missed my lunch. I was too worried for Noormy.

Hence I got sick too.

That long wait and getting sick were not a good experience at all.

Cheerio.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: