'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

233. Mee Mamak



This is 'Mee Mamak'. Do you like Mee Mamak? I loveee Mee Mamak!

I used to wonder what are the ingredients needed to make this mee. Finally, while I was in Kuching, my sister in law taught me how to cook it. She was an ex-chef of Merdeka Hotel in Kuching and had learned how to make this mee there.

One morning she cooked us 'Mee Mamak' for breakfast at my mom-in-law's house so I watched nearby to see her cooked it.


Ingredients :
Mee kuning (noodles) 1 kg
1 bombay onion (sliced)
2-3 tablespoons of blended dried red chillies
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 fresh tomatoes (cut)
Some sayur sawi (cut)
Some thinly cut up red meat or some fresh prawns (skin peeled off)- optional
Fried thinly sliced potatoes - optional

To cook :
1. Saute the sliced bombay onion in a pan of hot oil
2. Add the blended dried red chillies
3. Add the curry powder
4. Add the meat or the fresh prawns
5. When the meat or the fresh prawns are cooked, add in the noodles, sliced fresh tomatoes, sayur sawi in
6. Stir well
7. Add in the tomato sauce and the oyster sauce
8. Stir well, add a little bit of water
9. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.

Eat while it is hot, and enjoy :)

Cheerio.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: