Still on KELAPA SAWIT... do you know what is this?
This morning I didn't feel like eating fish or chicken or meat, so I biked (my Honda Motorbike) to our small Tamu to buy something to cook for today. My eyes caught sight of these...
Umbut Kelapa Sawit
So...apa lagi beli, balik rumah dan masak ' Lemak Umbut Kelapa Sawit' !
Lemak Umbut Kelapa Sawit
To Cook.... senang je... !
1. Slice the 'umbut' (umbut means the soft part) thinly, wash and drip dry them in a sieve.
2. Ground 1 big red chilli, 2 garlic, 2 shallots and half a tablespoon of belacan (shrimp paste).
3. Add in half a teaspoon of turmeric powder into no.2 and break 1 stalk of lemon grass.
4. Saute ingredients no.2 and no.3 in a little oil in a pot.
5. When aromatic, add in a glass of water and let boil for 2 minutes.
6. Add in the sliced umbut.
7. Pour some water same level as the umbut in the pot.
8. Mix 1 packet of 'Cocolin' powdered coconut with a glass of water.
9. Add into the umbut in the pot as well.
10. Let boiled and let the umbut cooked.
11. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
12. Serve with hot rice and some fried salted fish!
P/s. Umbut kelapa Sawit ni sangat lemak dan manis rasa nya.
Mak isah talked about 'Cendawan Kelapa Sawit' in my last post right?
Yesterday evening hubby brought home again some more of the 'Cendawan Kelapa Sawit' but of different shapes and they looked like this....
Ever seen or eat these too? :)
So yesterday evening as soon as hubby brought them, Mak isah immediately cooked them for dinner he he...
Ala..cook the same way like the 'Cendawan Kelapa Sawit' ok? Mak isah only add some more cili padi hijau (yang merah tak de stock) and,
Eat while still hot!
Mak isah wishes all my Chinese friends 'Happy Chap Goh Mei' !