This morning hubby woke me up at 6am to come brisk walked with him at the hill (opposite Taman Awam Miri). This is a spot for regular brisk walkers & joggers. And the only place which really worked on your heart because you will have to go uphill and downhill the hill.
Usually after brisk walked hubby will asked if I'd like to go breakfast with him somewhere. Today he said let's breakfast at home. I said okay.
By 9am breakfast was ready. Just a quick preparation of 'Telor Mata Lembu' over bread, some thinly sliced cucumber, some baked beans from the tin and later sprinkled some 'Kimball Cili Sauce' over it.
There! Does it look delicious? :p And Mak isah drank lots of hot light tea!
Actually while having breakfast and eating with hubby, Mak isah's mind was on the one whole chicken in the basin at the kitchen sink. Earlier this morning before going out I had taken the chicken (small ) from the freezer and soaked it in water so it will be easier to cut when I come back.
I know! I am going to cook ' Chicken Ketchup' :) The children prefer it with not too much soup so I cooked it quite dry.
My Chicken Ketchup
1. I cut the chicken into medium pieces, washed clean and place them in a sieve to drip dry.
2. Ground 2 garlic, 1 small shallot & one and a half inch ginger.
3. In a pot saute the grounded ingredients no.2.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of Adabi 'Rempah Sup' and stir. Mak isah add this instead of the ordinary Rempah Tumis (buah pelaga, chengkih or kayu manis) because I found out this does not leave a taste of too much rempah in any dish.
5. When aromatic, add in the cut chicken.
6. Add 1 cup of water.
There, that's how dry it is, put just enough water to cook the chicken.
7. Add in 3 - 4 tablespoons of local Dark Soy Sauce.
8. Leave under moderate fire until cooked while stirring occasionally.
9. Add 3 tablespoons of any Tomato Sauce.
10. Stir well. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar.
11. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
12. Serve with hot rice and your other dishes.
Ha ha...Mak isah's other dishes were this 'Tumis Sayur Sawi with one Egg' ....
a bit of 'Sambal Belacan' sprinkled with some lime juice :)
Alaa... eat with hot hot rice, tak sedar dah dua kali tambah! :p