My SIL brought back a lot of fresh 'Ikan Tenggiri' (Mackerel) which he caught while he was offshore in the oil rig. So I made 'Umai Ikan Tenggiri' .
Have you ever tried it?
'Umai' is also called 'Kerabu' because the flesh of the fish is not cooked, everything is raw put together.
Umai Ikan Tenggiri
Unlike my 'Umai Ikan Yu' in my previous post, this time I decided to add some 'Asam Paya' (Asam Rumbia) to the preparation.
Asam Paya (Asam Rumbia)
1. Cut flesh of Ikan Tenggiri into small pieces, then clean over running water then drip dry in a sieve.
2. Cut 15 of those Asam Paya throwing away the skin & seeds.
3. Pound 4 - 5 big red chillies.
4. Slice thinly 3 " ginger, 5 - 6 small red shallots and 5 garlic.
5. In a big bowl, mix well items 1, 2, 3 & 4.
6. Cut 20 - 25 limau kasturi ( local lime) into halves and squeezed the juice into the bowl.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
8. Add salt and a little ajinomoto.
9. Mix well and taste. It should be more sourish and salt to taste.
10. Keep refrigerated.
Next is such a simple dish. I have some 'Salai' (smoked) anchovies(ikan bilis) in the fridge and one small pineapple.
So I cooked a soup out of these two.
Sup Bilis Salai dengan Nenas
1. Boil half a liter water in a pot.
2. Skin and slice the pineapple.
3. 8 Ikan bilis salai (smoked anchovies) OR you can use smoked 'Ikan Tahai'.
4. When the water boils, add in item 2 & 3.
5. Add in grounded 3 small shallots, 2 garlic & 2 big red chillies.
6. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
7. Serve hot with rice.
Happy trying and a lovely weekend :)