Have you ever eaten these?
Late this evening hubby came home bringing 2 big black plastic bags of these 'Bubok' or 'Udang Geragau'. It was already almost 7pm. On the spur of moment, I took a bowl of it, washed them and let dry in a sieve. I told hubby before we take dinner I am going to fry the 'Bubok' with some sliced onions & sliced chillies.
By the way, it is now 'Bubok' season in Miri. If you go by the seaside, there would be people catching 'Bubok'. Maybe you will get it cheaper if you buy direct from these people. But if you go to the fish market, the fish mongers will sell these at RM7 - RM8 per kg. Hubby got these a little cheaper, only RM5 per kg.
Fresh Bubok or Udang Geragau
Fried Bubok with some chillies and onions
To Cook :-
1. Saute half of one big onion & one chilli ( both sliced).
2. When onion are cooked, add in the cleaned Bubok.
3. Stir, add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
4. Stir well until cooked.
To Eat :-
1. With a spoon, take some of the cooked 'Bubok' in your plate.
2. Squeeze some lime juice over it.
3. If you want it real hot (pedas) break a cili padi over it.
4. Eat with hot rice.
Lime and Cili Padi
p/s. Hubby made some 'Cencaluk' and the rest of the Udang Geragau into 'Belacan' (Shrimp Paste).