Yesterday almost whole day I went out with Zu (my eldest daughter) and grandson Alif.
This morning when I woke up I felt lazy even though I woke up early and have had a good night sleep. I took my time breakfast alone in my kitchen listening songs at my hp media player ( of course Mak isah and her oldies! ). Hubby 'puasa' today that's why I was alone :)
Feeling lazy means I was feeling lazy to cook. So I cooked the simplest, one soupy dish (hubby and my son need to eat one soup whenever taking rice) and 'Sardine'... :p
My Soupy Dish - Chicken Wing Soup with Sliced Salted Mustard
To Prepare :-
1. Cut the chicken wings into medium sized cubes, washed and let to dry in a sieve.
2. Slice half a packet of Salted Mustard into small pieces. Washed lightly.
To Cook :-
1. Saute one small shallot, one garlic and 1 and a half inch ginger (all grounded) in a pot.
2. Add a cup of water.
3. Let boiled for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the chicken wings cubes and the sliced salted mustard.
5. Add water same or a little bit more than the chicken cubes.
6. Let cooked.
7. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
I think YEO's Sardines taste nicer than other brands. This one is Yeo's brand. Hubby said to cook it with out adding any tomato sauce.
So all I did was saute half sliced big onion and sliced half an inch of ginger. Then just pour the 2 small tinned sardines in. When boiled, add a pinch of salt and some ajinomoto.
We ate these 2 dishes with hot rice and some HOMEMADE Cencaluk!