Happy Sunday everyone!
Pagi tadi Mak Isah pegi breakfast dengan Noormy (my youngest daughter) . Sempat beli satu ikat of Sayur Cangkuk Manis(Cekur Manis atau Sayur Manis) ni, RM1 je...
Yesterday evening hubby bought 2 small pieces of already cut yellow pumpkin. So, I cooked 'Sayur Cangkuk Manis' with the yellow pumpkin.
There is no need to add coconut milk, just make it not too soupy (not too much water added). It's nice too :)
Tumis Cangkuk Manis dan Labu Kuning
To Prepare :-
1. Take the Cangkuk Manis leaves off their branches, put them in a small basin and soaked in water.
2. Before putting in a sieve to dry, squeeze the Cangkuk Manis with your hands to break the leaves. This enable to let some juice from the leaves to come out and thus taste nicer after they are cooked.
3. Put the sieve of Cangkuk Manis under running water then let aside to drip dry.
4. Skin the yellow pumpkin , cut into small cubes. Washed.
To Cook :-
1. Saute grounded of 2 garlics, 3 small shallots, 4 fresh red chillies and half a tablespoon of belacan (shrimp paste).
2. When aromatic, add a cup of water. Let boiled for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the Cangkuk Manis and the yellow pumpkin.
4. Add another cup of water. Let the yellow pumpkin become cooked and soft.
5. Add salt to taste.
Eat the dish hot with white rice :)
Do you like prawns?
Give them to me anytime but....you all know the task of taking off their skins ha ha...
Hubby bought 2 kilos (only RM4 per kilo) of small prawns yesterday evening too. It's 'bubok' season, so there will be plenty of prawns too. What I did was, I divided them into small plastic clear bags (1 small bag means for one meal) then just put them in my freezer, skin and all!
When I want to cook them I just take one plastic bag and soak in a basin of water an hour before cooking time. When soft I just take off their skins then.
If you can't stand their smell, wear plastic clear gloves when doing their skins :)
Tumis Udang Pedas
To Cook :-
1. Saute grounded of 2 garlic and 2 small shallots.
2. Add in a pinch of belacan (shrimp paste) optional.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of blended dry chillies.
4. Stir well and add in the washed prawns.
5. Stir until prawns are cooked.
6. Add salt to taste.
Enjoy the above dishes with hot white rice :)