Selalu masak 'Ginger Meat', tapi hari ni masak 'Ginger Chicken Meat' pulak :)
These are all meat part of a chicken, the breast part which is not popular with my children. So whenever I cook one whole chicken I used to cut the breast part and put it in a clean plastic sheet and keep them in my fridge freezer. Soon there are 2 to 3 small plastic sheet containing just the breast meat of the previous chickens that I cooked.
Today I decided not to keep them there too long but cook them. So I thought how to cook them in order my children eat them? They like anything cooked with soy sauce and with ginger.
And that was what I did.
My Ginger Chicken Meat
To Prepare :-
1. Sliced the chicken meat thinly and about 1 inch long.
2. Washed and put aside in a sieve to drip dry.
To Cook :-
1. Skin medium size fresh ginger, 2 inches long (sliced thinly) and another 2 inches long (to be grounded).
2. Ground the 2 inches long ginger, 4 garlic and 2 small shallots.
3. Slice 2 fresh red chillies. Keep aside with the sliced ginger.
4. Saute the items no. 2 above.
5. Stir well under medium fire until aromatic.
6. Add in the cut chicken meat.
7. Stir well for 2 minutes.
8. Add in half a cup of dark soy sauce. Then add in half a cup of water.
9. Stir and let meat cooked until tender.
10. Add in 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce (either chilli or tomato).
11. Add in the sliced ginger and the sliced red chillies.
12. Add in one tablespoon of sugar and salt to taste.
This is a dry dish and best eaten with hot white rice :)
p/s. Surprise, surprise, I was happy to hear my son kept saying,' eh nyaman ginger chicken tok ma'.
A Good Monday to you all!