My youngest daughter Noormy requested me to cook 'Sup Ayam' again today. I said okay but I don't have anymore chicken wings ( yesterday it was chicken wings parts) , only some chicken parts. She said it's all right as long as there is some soup. She still have some very very slight stomach cramps after the food poisoning incident (in my recent entry) . I guess she must be still having the phobia of the stomach cramps she experienced. She said that was the first time she had it that bad.
So I cooked 'Sup Ayam' for lunch today. I added some potatoes and a small packet of 'Su- Hoon' (correct?) in the soup as well. Myself, I loved potatoes cooked in this way.
Noormy hasn't eaten yet, she is still sleeping after her night duty last night. She will eat during her dinner later around 7pm. Let's hope she likes it like she did my soup yesterday :)
My Sup Ayam
1. Cut some chicken parts (probably 10 - 12 medium pieces).
2. Clean well and place in a sieve, let to dry.
3. In a pot, pour in about 1 and a half liter water, placed under medium fire.
To Cook :-
1. Ground 2 inches fresh ginger and 3 garlic.
2. Add in 1 teaspoon of Adabi 'Rempah Soup' (you can get this in any supermarket).
Prefer to add this 'Rempah Soup' rather than using the ordinary 'Rempah Tumis' :)
3. When water in the pot boils, add in ingredients 1. & 2.
4. Let boiled for 2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile skin the potatoes, then cut into small cubes.
6. The Su-Hoon, soaked in water then cut into shorter strands with a cooking scissor.
7. Add in the cut chicken pieces and the potato cubes.
8. When cooked add in the Su-Hoon.
9. Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
10. Add some white pepper powder.
11. Serve hot!
While I was in KK the other day, hubby made some 'Salted Mustard' (Sayur Masin) (we both make our own whenever we can or have the time).
They were ready to be cooked today, so I cooked them too as a Vegetable dish.
*If you want to make your own, you can try follow my instructions here.
My homemade Salted Mustard (Sayur Masin)
Eh, and by the way... Mak isah duk curi makan my desert ni tadi...
Suka makan ni ?
Durian Flavored Icecream with cut Pisang Hotel