'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

226. Chicken Wings with Tomato Sauce & a Side Dish

I woke up too early this morning. So hard to get up from bed. It must be due to the briskwalk I did yesterday evening. Imagine! 5 rounds the City Fan for more than half an hour. No wonder my body aches everywhere this morning. Ha ha...that was due to 5 days since my last briskwalking. Blame the rain :p

I had to get up. Aya was on morning duty so I need to help her with the cooking (mostly cutting the vegetables or cutting up the meat or chicken). After that she cooks. With me eyeing or tasting the end results of course loll...
On other days I rather cook but today she needs to bring food to work.

With exception this morning I told her she cooks the long beans with some prawns while I cook 'Chicken Wings with Tomato Sauce'. I cooked a bit more today as my son Farok will be sleeping in tonight. And he only eats the wing part of a chicken :) Why I make tomato sauce it's because he and my daughters love anything cooked with tomato sauce.

Chicken Wings with Tomato Sauce


12 chicken wings cut into halves (washed,placed in a sieve to drip dry)
Mix the wings with some turmeric powder and some salt
Deep fry in hot oil
Keep aside.

To make the sauce.
Saute 1 cut large onion, sliced ginger & 1 sliced red chilli in hot oil in a pan
When onions are cooked and soft, add in 1 small bottle of Maggi tomato ketchup
Stir, add some sugar, ajinomoto and salt to taste.

Let boil, then add in the fried chicken wings. Again let boil and well cooked
Taste again for enough salt, ajinomoto and sugar.

Pour into glass bowl or in a small pot. Serve with rice.


Sambal Nasi Lemak with Hard Boiled Eggs


This one above is a side dish. Farok loves this as well. Seems like I am cooking for him instead of Aya eh? :P

For the Sambal,
Blender soft (boiled and take away the seeds) dried chillies
Add in 3 large red onions,
3 garlic
1 inch cube of belacan (shrimp paste)
Some water

Pour these ingredients into hot oil in a pan

Add some moderate size anchovies (approx half a cup)

Bring to the boil, let it thicken under moderate fire

Add some tamarind juice, salt, sugar and ajinomoto to taste.

Leave to cool in a bowl.

As for the eggs, boil 5 to 6 eggs in boiling water in a pot until hard. Peel and add into the Sambal Nasi Lemak.

Usually the eggs were gone much faster than the sambal, so any leftover I keep in the fridge and reheat the next day.

The sambal is also delicious to eat with white bread :)

Cheerio.



No comments: