'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

255. Ketchup Chicken Drumsticks

I was cleaning my big refrigerator's freezer compartment last night when I found 4 pieces of chicken drumsticks in a plastic bag. I almost forgot I have them there. Immediately I thought why not cook 'Ketchup Chicken Drumsticks' tomorrow? ( He he...if that's a name for a dish menu). So I started rummaging inside my vegetable fridge compartment and found some other things to add, 5 pieces of fresh red tomatoes and some fresh green chillies.

So that's how my dish of 'Ketchup Chicken Drumsticks' came about today.

I cut and cleaned the drumsticks, put them aside in a sieve.


Here comes the magic word, 'to cook, as always simple!' :)

I know I always says those words. Some thinks simple cooking are lazy cooking. But not for me. For me, simple cooking saves time and as long as the food I cook are good, fresh, nutritious and those that the whole family like to consume, that will be great for me! Plus the whole family loves what I cook and they know I cook with love. Ha ha...what am I doing? 'Angkat bakul sendiri ke??' :P

I do not any 'rempah tumis' to my cooking because my children do not like them. Once in a blue moon, if I think I MUST put them in, I will only add just a few of them inside the dish I am cooking.

Okay...to cook :-

Ground 3 garlic, 1 small red onion & a 2" ginger.
Heat some cooking oil in a big pan.
Saute those grounded ingredients into the pan.
Then add the cleaned cut drumsticks.
Pour 5 tablespoons of local dark soy sauce onto the drumsticks.
Stir well.
Add 2 glasses of water.
Let the chicken drumsticks come to boil and cooked.
Add 5 tablespoons of Maggi tomato sauce.
Add 2 teaspoons sugar.
Add salt and ajinomoto to taste.
Lastly add in the cut fresh tomatoes and the green chillies.

My homemade 'Ketchup Chicken Drumsticks'


Happy cooking!


Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: