'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Friday, April 23, 2010

256. One Old Picture


This picture was taken way back in 1973 when 6 of us were attached as Trainees Nurses to Serian MCH (Maternity Child Health) Clinic, Kuching. We were also attached in between to the 7th Mile Kuching Mental Hospital, looking after it's inmates.

Now this small town called 7th Mile or 'Batu Tujoh' is called Kota Sentosa. I am sure there has been a lot of changes going around that part of Kuching.
I hear this area is now a commercial hub for people from Batu Kitang, Kg. Haji Baki and surrounding areas. Kota Sentosa has also grown its importance due to it's vicinity of Army Camps. And now the Mental Hospital is called Kota Sentosa Mental Hospital. No more it is called the Mental Hospital Batu Tujoh.

During that year of our 7 weeks attachment there, we mixed with mothers and children from the rural areas, caring and looking after their welfare. And even the inmates of the Mental Hospital can become our friends. In their queer ways, I learned they were like us too, people who needs love.

Browsing in my picture folder, I found some old pictures which brought great memories. This one picture brought great memories among old friends. Standing right next to me, on my right is Dayang Betty from Sibu, next to Betty is Asma from Kuching and next to Asma is Tan Gek Eng (I think from Sibu). At the front sitting on their knees, nearest to me is Fatimah Otet from Kuching and next to her...Oh dear! I am trying to remember her name... It's Jama'yah, from hmmm... I think she is from Sri Aman. Yes, Sri Aman.

Today...these friends of mine must be either already retired, having grandchildren or maybe they are still working... most of all I hope they are safe, happy with families of their own.


Tetak buluh panjang suluh
Mari jolok sarang penyengat
Angkat doa jari sepuluh
Doa minta biar selamat

Tuailah padi antara masak
Esok jangan layu-layuan
Intailah kami antara nampak
Esok jangan rindu-rinduan.


Cheerio.





2 comments:

Temuk said...

Hi Isah

Mari jolok sarang penyengat
Penyengat mengejar lari menggila
Doa minta biar selamat
Di dunia di akhirat semoga bahagia.

Esok jangan layu-layuan
Layu juga sayur di tamu
Esok jangan rindu-rinduan
Rindu juga janjilah bertemu!

Unknown said...

Hi Temuk
Terima kasih! sebab sudi membalas pantun. Memang sah Temuk sangat pakar dalam pantun memantun :)

Harap-harap begitu la...tetiba terasa rindu kat diaorang...