'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Friday, April 30, 2010

261. Pasar Malam Bulatan Seberkas

After getting back Aya's laptop from Amidem shop near Boulevard, the three of us (Aya, Noormy and myself) went to the 'Pasar Malam Seberkas'. This 'Pasar Malam' or night market is at the Seberkas roundabout and in front of the SESCO office.
Easy to find if you are in Miri, just drive up towards Lutong around dusk, you won't miss the bright lights at the roundabout. Be early otherwise it will be difficult to get a parking space and the night market only opens on Friday and Saturday nights.

If you are hungry and lazy to cook on these 2 nights, again, just drive to the spot and you will find all sorts of things to eat and drink :)

This picture is a section of the 'Pasar Malam' (night market). This was still early when we went there earlier on this evening. As it got darker, more and more people will come and in the end you won't be able to walk fast as the place gets crowded.




This is 'Pegedil Daging' (meat balls) which is delicious to eat with chilli sauce. Next to it, the green kuih is what I called 'Kuih Lenggang'. It is too sweet and I don't really like it. But I love the 'kuih' on top of the 'Pegedil Daging', that's 'Pulut Sambal'. It is steamed glutinous rice with some spicy fried grated coconut on top ot it.


This is called 'Kuih Kosui'. What do you called it? This is made of rice flour (I think) with 'Gula Apong' (brown sugar) and sprinkled grated coconut on top of it.


This is called 'Kuih Cara Berlauk'. I called it 'Kuih Daging' because it has some cooked minced beef on top of it, garnished with chopped onion leaves



My favorite of all favorites, 'Tapai' :p


Besides those 'kuih-muih' that I have mentioned above, we also 'tapau' these fried noodles, 'Mi Goreng' and ' Kueyteow Goreng' home



Aahhh...we had a feast later at home :)

Have a nice evening everyone!


Cheerio.

No comments: