'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

152. Rock Biscuit

This 'Rock Biscuit' is among one of the first biscuits made for the coming 'Hari Raya Puasa' in my house. I'd like to have biscuits if homemade those the children and Alif would eat. Though I did buy 2 types of biscuits that I can add to the serving tray later on.

Rock Biscuits baked in the tray


This is one of my old recipes, hence why it is weigh in ounces instead of grams. Aya helped baked the other day.

Ingredients:
7 ozs butter or planta
4 1/2 ozs fine sugar
1 egg
7 ozs sifted plain flour ( add more if you want the dough harder)
1 box black raisins
pinch of salt

Optional : Small paper cups

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add sifted flour and egg. Add salt. Mix well.
Add flour until the dough leaves the sides of bowl or able to be made into a round ball. Fold in the black raisin and mix well again.
With a fork dig and scoop a small ball of the dough into a paper cup. Continue to do so until tray is full.
Oven is preheat to 180 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are slightly brown.

Cool and store in a glass jar.
























Happy biscuit making for Raya!

Cheerio.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: