'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

148. Busy,Busy,Busy




Today has been a hectic day for me. I know I need to use the car so I had to send Aya to work at 9 this morning (that was after making Alif sleep for his nap and leaving him with Noormy sleeping too after her night duty in one room).

I woke up half an hour late this morning, and when I wake up late I didn't like it because then I am in a hurry to organise the day's work (even though I am a stay-at-home and a nanny to my grandson, I'd still call this work, you know). Probably housewives and other stay-at-home persons would know what I mean.

And with the 'Hari Raya Puasa' coming soon, there seem to be so many things to be done and get done. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't doing all the work, it is just that all 4 of my children including hubby seemed to be asking me for ideas or asking me to be the focal point about something. Say, take my son for example, he lives out but he wants to paint the gates and the walls of the sitting room of our house. The brown paint that he used last year is almost finish and he is asking me to ask his dad to buy another pail of the same paint again.

And hubby, he keeps asking me if the chicken that he bought is enough or not and asking what else do I want in order to fill our cold freezer.

My eldest daughter Zu came home today telling me she wants to do eyelash extension, I said instead of wasting money there why not buy 'Baju Kurung' for Hari Raya? She still looks very pretty without the eyelash extension :)

My 3rd daughter Aya, she gets so frustrated not getting her 15days leave and only getting 7days leave during the coming festival has got to make some cakes and biscuits. So she gave me a list of the ingredients and asked if I could buy them for her. I will have to go over her list and estimate the budget of the ingredients. The buying for those will have to wait until tomorrow. Today I need to first buy the monthly ration for the household. Monthly ration means food stuffs stock for the month.

My youngest daughter Noormy, has only 5 days leave granted for her on 'Hari Raya Puasa'. So I said to her,'why don't you help make some 'Biskut Makmor' on your off days?' 'Tired', she said. Like today she is off she has got to get our tailored 'Baju Kurung' and bring them to another Malay tailor who will do the 'Jahitan Simo' around the necklines of the dresses.

I cooked today, so early part of the afternoon time was taken there. Later when I finished getting the dry laundry off the lines, get all the cats back into their cages and clean up the kitchen area after cooking it was almost 5pm. So I immediately took off in the car and drove towards first to 'Servay TT', then the 'Imperial Mall' in town, to buy the monthly ration, of course. Now these 2 places are where I buy monthly rations and on weekends they have 'sales' and 'hyper value' items, both means cheaper than the usual price. And going around the 2 supermarkets, looking for cheaper items, pushing a trolley with a list in my hands means it will take longer time.

Indeed I took longer time especially if I am alone and when I came out of the second supermarket, it was 7.05pm. And then, I got a text message from Aya asking if I have arrived at where she is working. I immediately drove to her place, picked her up and head towards home.

We arrived at 7.30pm. It was still early but I was tired.

Right now, thinking back about what I said here, I know that everyone in the house are thinking of ways to make the coming 'Hari Raya Puasa' a success. Each of us are working hard by helping one another, I could see that.

I am glad and it makes me happy :)

I hope small things makes you happy too.

Cheerio.

No comments: