'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Friday, September 11, 2009

154. My Simple Ginger Beef

Besides beef cooked with Soy sauce or with Tomato sauce or made into soup, lately my family began to like eating 'Ginger Beef'. Hubby came home, bought so much beef for the coming 'Hari Raya Puasa' that I decided to cook some 'Ginger Beef' today. This is a very simple recipe of mine :)

My cooked Ginger Beef in a pot


Slice thinly 1 lb of meat, washed and sieved


Ground into a 'lesong' some small onions and some garlic. You can also ground some ginger if you want more flavour.


Sliced thinly some ginger


Heat up a wok and pour 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Add in the grounded ingredients. Stir. Add in the meat. Stir, focusing on browning all the redness from the meat. Add in some soy sauce. Cook until meat is tender, be sure not to run out of liquid so burning will not occur.

Mix 2 tablespoons of corn starch in a small amount of water at very end of cooking. Pour slowly and stir quickly.

Add in the sliced ginger and some sliced red chillies (optional).

Add salt and aji to taste.


Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: