'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

286. My Simple Asam Pedas Ikan Pari




It's been quite a while I have not eaten 'Ikan Pari' (Stingray). So, it was a nice surprise when hubby brought some home today. He said these were 'Ikan Pari Ayam' and nice to eat, the flesh not hard.

I know some do not eat this fish but I love it, if cooked 'Asam Pedas'. Plus, here I cooked it with some of my leftover pineapple from my 'Rojak' cendol stall :p

There are many version and ways of cooking 'Asam Pedas' but as usual, mine is simple and not so 'pedas' (hot).

Of course I have to cut and clean the stingray (Ikan Pari) first, then drip them dry in a sieve.
Put aside.

1. Ground 3 fresh red chillies, 1/2 " belacan (shrimp paste), 4 small red onions, 4 garlic, 2" ginger.

2. Add a flat teaspoonful of turmeric powder.

3. Crush 2 stalks of lemon grass.

4. Saute all the above ingredients 1, 2, 3 in a pot.

5. Add some water (not too much and according to how much soup I want).

6. When boiled I add in some slices pineapple.

7. Let it boil for some time so that the pineapple juice seeped out before adding 2 pieces of 'asam gelugor' in. (these 2 things makes the soup sourish).

8. Let the soup boiled again before adding in the cut fish.

9. Add salt and ajinomoto .

10. Taste and then serve hot.


Cheerio.


p/s. Bear with me, the picture was taken when the dish was just cooked and there was still steam flying around he he...

4 comments:

TK said...

This is something new..Our asam pedas here is very hot and red! Ive never tried asam pedas with pineapple.. I love asam pedas so much but since duduk Terengganu memang jarang sangat jumpa asam pedas.It's not popular in the East Coast.

Ensurai said...

Must be lovely....will try the recipe when my son comes back..thanks.

Unknown said...

Yes TK, I've noticed makanan kat Semenanjung lebih pedas dari makanan ditempat mak isah disini :)

Mak isah loves asam pedas too. Yes try put in some sliced pineapple in your asam pedas, it's nice :)

Unknown said...

It is Sarawakiana@2. Do. You're welcome, my pleasure :)