'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

286. My Simple Asam Pedas Ikan Pari




It's been quite a while I have not eaten 'Ikan Pari' (Stingray). So, it was a nice surprise when hubby brought some home today. He said these were 'Ikan Pari Ayam' and nice to eat, the flesh not hard.

I know some do not eat this fish but I love it, if cooked 'Asam Pedas'. Plus, here I cooked it with some of my leftover pineapple from my 'Rojak' cendol stall :p

There are many version and ways of cooking 'Asam Pedas' but as usual, mine is simple and not so 'pedas' (hot).

Of course I have to cut and clean the stingray (Ikan Pari) first, then drip them dry in a sieve.
Put aside.

1. Ground 3 fresh red chillies, 1/2 " belacan (shrimp paste), 4 small red onions, 4 garlic, 2" ginger.

2. Add a flat teaspoonful of turmeric powder.

3. Crush 2 stalks of lemon grass.

4. Saute all the above ingredients 1, 2, 3 in a pot.

5. Add some water (not too much and according to how much soup I want).

6. When boiled I add in some slices pineapple.

7. Let it boil for some time so that the pineapple juice seeped out before adding 2 pieces of 'asam gelugor' in. (these 2 things makes the soup sourish).

8. Let the soup boiled again before adding in the cut fish.

9. Add salt and ajinomoto .

10. Taste and then serve hot.


Cheerio.


p/s. Bear with me, the picture was taken when the dish was just cooked and there was still steam flying around he he...

4 comments:

TK said...

This is something new..Our asam pedas here is very hot and red! Ive never tried asam pedas with pineapple.. I love asam pedas so much but since duduk Terengganu memang jarang sangat jumpa asam pedas.It's not popular in the East Coast.

Sarawakiana@2 said...

Must be lovely....will try the recipe when my son comes back..thanks.

Puan Isah said...

Yes TK, I've noticed makanan kat Semenanjung lebih pedas dari makanan ditempat mak isah disini :)

Mak isah loves asam pedas too. Yes try put in some sliced pineapple in your asam pedas, it's nice :)

Puan Isah said...

It is Sarawakiana@2. Do. You're welcome, my pleasure :)