'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

84. Father's Day

'Any man can be a Father, but it takes a special person to be called Dad'

When small I've never known a Father's love. It was because my parents were divorced when I was 2 years old and when my younger brother was a year old. Then my mother remarried again, so I had a stepfather. I wasn't close with my parents but close with my grandparents, even to the point of calling my grandparents, 'mak' and 'pak' (means mom and dad).
So, I grew up only knowing a grandparent's love.

I feel distressed to see children of divorced parents because I know and understand how these children feel. And I feel proud and happy to see happy married couples who has children stay together overcoming the odds and cons in life.

We often celebrate 'Mother's Day', I think 'Father's Day' is also as important and should be celebrated as much.
I am a Muslim and thinks Mother's Day is a celebration for each mother no matter what religion she belongs to. Because of that, my 4 children has always given me affordable inexpensive presents on a Mother's Day. If they can't the least they did was wish me a happy Mother's Day with a peck on my cheek. I feel their love when they do that.

So what I did today was tell them that they can wish their father a Happy Father's Day and they each did. I can see that made hubby happy :)

Anyway, I bought this for hubby today... a tumbler for his iced water! lol...I know each evening he would fill his old plastic tumbler with water and go to night duty at his Shell Station!

I hope he likes this one :)
It's a Nike Tumbler
 

Happy Father's Day to all Great Great Grandfatners, Great Grandfathers and Fathers out there!

Cheerio.


No comments: