'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

76. Tragedies

On Tuesday morning 2nd June, the roof of the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Stadium in Kuala Trengganu collapsed. I first heard it on the 8 o'clock news that evening. It was a shock to me. Took a couple of minutes before the news really sink in. That stadium costs RM292 million ringgit to build.

No lives were lost, but the collapsed roof left numerous red faces in the state.

And last week on Thursday 28th May, the former Jaya Shopping Centre in Petaling Jaya which was earmarked for demolition also collapsed killing 7 people and 2 injured. These were Indonesian workers who were doing the demolition work.

And last night the people who were staying near the demolition work area were complaining of being disturbed by the loud noise made. Not only that, on tv I could see their lives are in danger because they are staying too close to the area.

Read more about these 2 tragedies here -
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Wednesday/Frontpage/2572744/Article/index_html

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/25166?tid=37

Cheerio.


No comments: