'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

200. Kek Pandan

I was looking for some cakes to eat and remembered I still keep this 'Kek Pandan' in my fridge. It was some leftover from Last Hari Raya Puasa and I had packed it properly in some plastic sheets and aluminium foil. So I took it out to thaw and then cut them up in little pieces and placed them in a covered glass bowl on the dining table. Our tradition is, whatever are placed on the dining table are for anybody to eat :)

This 'Kek Pandan' is a cake that my daughter Aya got the recipe from her friend. She made it for the first time last Raya and it was a hit among the guests and the family until Aya had to make the cake twice. When Aya ate her friend's cake it was greener than this. I told Aya not to put in too much green colour when she bake it. So it wasn't so much green but the flavour was nice..pandan flavour and pandan smell.

Kek Pandan


It is easy to make and if you like steamed cakes, this is how it is made:

Ingredients
16oz butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 small bottle horlick
2 glasses fine sugar
2 glasses flour
10 eggs
2-3 bottles pandan paste

Beat sugar with butter
Add in eggs one by one
Add in milk, horlick, flour and pandan paste
Beat well and then pour into a square cake container
Cover well with aluminium foil
Steam for 2-3 hours.

This cake was simple and easy to make compared to the other 'Kek Lapis Sarawak' that we had on the table for the guests during last Raya :)

Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: