'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

276. What's Up Today

Noormy and I had 'Mi Kolok' for breakfast this morning. We went to our favorite Mi Kolok shop situated near the Centre Point.

Mi Kolok is very popular in Sarawak.
It is the famous mi in Sarawak beside 'Laksa Sarawak'. Make sure you try it when you visit Sarawak :)
There is a few types of Mi Kolok. The common two are 'Mi Kolok' basah (wet), the soup and mi mix together and 'Mi Kolok' kering (dry), one eats the mi and then follow by the soup.

'Mi Kolok' garnished with beef slices, fried onion slices and salted radish slices.



Noormy eating Mi Kolok :p Both of us prefer to order 'Mi Kolok' kering with the soup aside in another bowl.


The soup is just a simple soup, beef soup with some 'taugeh' (bean sprout) in it. But what we like is the chilli 'sambal' that we eat with the 'Mi Kolok'. It is sparingly hot and sourish. It's blended chillies with garlic and some tomato sauce in it.


The 'Mi Kolok' Sambal, see...it was almost full earlier on LOL...



It was almost like 10 o'clock when we first sat at the shop and it was a hot day today. So I was feeling thirsty so I asked for this drink, fresh lime juice. Very refreshing.
 


We arrived home late, about 1130am and straightaway I went to check my 'Sardine Fish' which I left grilled with low fire in my oven.

My Grilled Sardine Fish, just out of the oven!



Lucky, I still have some fish soup which I stored in my refrigerator. I quickly heat that up. I looked at the wall clock, my son and hubby will be coming home for lunch at 12 noon! I barely have enough time to make some soy sauce with chillies to eat the Sardine Fish with he he....

This consists of 4 big red chillies plus 3 'cili padi' (very hot small chillies) grounded with 3 garlic. Then I add in some dark soy sauce and sprinkle some white vinegar in it.

Walaaa...I have something to dip in the sardine fish with :p



Last but not least, (I happened to have this in my freezer today) some chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavored icecream for desert!


Have a wonderful day everyone!


Cheerio.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

EmbunRosaliza said...

salam puan isah...me kolok saya tak pernah cuba lg kalo laksa sarawak pernah buat pes kiriman dari rakan blogger dari sarawak

Lady of Leisure said...

salam puan isah... never had mee kolok in my life... dulu i tot mee kolok tu sama dengan mee sanggul tapi nampaknya lain kan... shud try one day..
:)

TK said...

I penah dgr pasal mee kolok ni..dr sorang kawan. Tak pernah tgok dan of course tak pernah rasa. Nampak sedap je. Nanti Mak Isah bagilah resepi..

Azmiezas said...

Hi..Pn Isah..

Mi kolok?..ist time i dengar n tengok..n daripada apa yg i nampak kat blog u ni,..mi kolok ni mcm maggie goreng ke??..

btw:..tq for sharing..

Unknown said...

Salam Rosa :)
A'ah mi kolok ni hanya ada diSarawak.
Rasa2 nye kena datang keSarawak untuk mencuba nya he he..

Unknown said...

Salam Lady
Mi kolok ni tak sama dengan mi sanggul. Mi kolok actually ada mi khas dia. Halus sikit dari mi biasa dan tak sehalus mi hoon.

Mesti kena cuba satu hari nanti :)

Unknown said...

Hi TK :)
Memang sedap!Mak isah suka :)

Mi kolok adalah makanan masyarakat Cina di Sarawak tetapi kini dikomersialkan iaitu dihasilkan oleh orang Melayu disini. Menambah keenakan mi kolok, hirisan daging disertakan sebagai penambat selera.

Mi kolok perlu direbus dengan air mendidih bagi mengekalkan kesegarannya (kental). Jika direbus ketika air belum mendidih, ia kembang dan kurang enak. Apabila mi yang direbus timbul di permukaan air, ini menandakan ia sudah masak dan perlu diangkat segera. Kemudian dicampur dgn hirisan daging dan minyak bawang goreng.

LOL..panjang lebar mak isah citer, nanti konfius TK. Insyaallah...nanti mak isah bagi resipi eh

Unknown said...

Azmiezas - You're welcome, my pleasure :)
Takkk...mi kolok bukan maggie goreng. Mi kolok atau panggil 'kolok mi' (semua org tau kat sini) ada bau nya yg tersendiri.

Takpe..insyaallah, satu hari nanti pn dpt mencuba nya :)