'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

280. For Rent

Okay...I've got my new small house for rent now.




There is one young couple coming in end of June.

My new tenant came yesterday to pay a deposit of 3 months. He and his newly married wife will be staying in then after their 'bersanding' in their hometown Perak.

Many wanted to rent since I put up the notice for 'rent' 2 months ago. At first I was not sure what to do with the house, to rent or not to rent. Initially, I thought of doing some renovations but later made up my mind to rent for a year or two then only do some renovations.

Perhaps I was not sure to rent it to who. Now I know. I prefer either a young Malay couple or single Malay men who came together to share one house. Preferably teachers, like those who came previously.

Hmm...reason? because if there aren't any children there wouldn't be any scribbling on the walls :P

Now at last I feel I've got a suitable couple to stay in :) My tenant is a teacher, polite and nice when talking to me.

So yesterday things were settled and we signed a simple M.O.U.

He told me he will be going back to Semenanjung to 'bersanding' this 27th May. He and his wife have already 'bernikah' before he came to Miri. After 'bersanding' he will returned to Miri with his wife on the 20th June.

I told him that was cute! Over here in Sarawak Malay marriages are done a little differently. Usually a young couple 'bernikah' on a Saturday and immediately 'bersanding' the next day, or both done on the same day :)

I think either ways are the same, right? Correct me if I am wrong please :)

The most important thing is the 'bernikah' part because then a couple is pronounced husband and wife in front of the Kadi ( a Malay Religious judge) according to the Islamic Laws.

Having those thoughts in my mind, I wish my tenant and his wife 'Selamat Bersanding'.


p/s. 'Bersanding' is a couple sitting close next to each other doing the wedding rituals.


Cheerio.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

TK said...

Cuti sekolah ni ramailah orang bersanding...Tak sabar nak tunggu cuti:)I dulu bernikah and wedding on the same day.

Temuk said...

Hi Isah
Congratulations on getting tenant baru, the pengantin baru, for the rumah baru! Is the house in Miri or Kuching? Yes, it's important that we get good & responsible tenants. Otherwise, rumah rosak, sewa tak dak. Salam bahagia.

Unknown said...

Ni mesti terima byk jemputan kawin :)
A'ah lama cuti sekolah kan? 3 weeks.
Seronok jadi cikgu, panjanggggg cuti! he he...

Iyer? Mak isah pun cam tu...bernikah and wedding the same day :)

Happy Holidays TK!!

Unknown said...

Salam Temuk
Thank you :)
The house is just 5 minutes drive from our own house, another Taman called Taman Jelita, in Miri.

That's right, must have a good responsible tenant. Alhamdulillah...mudah-mudahan takde apa2 halangan :)

Semoga sihat selalu!

EmbunRosaliza said...

salam puan isah...agak senang juga dpt penyewa ya kat situ....

Unknown said...

Salam Rosa :)
Senang. Byk yang telifon nak sewa...masalah nye saya dan hubby dah runding nak sewa pada orang melayu je. Saya pulak nak sewa pada young couple atau orang2 bujang :)

Semoga ceria!

asnah58 said...

Pn where is you place in miri. I ever working in for about 8yr and i got house in miri too and my husband also from piasau miri.
semuga maju jaya|

Unknown said...

hey asnah58
sori i missed this comment of yours earlier. You've worked in miri? i stay in taman tunku.