'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

270. Perut Tuala

What do you call this in English? This is part of the cow, the small intestine? I know what we call it in the Malay Language, it's 'Perut Tuala'. At least that is what I called it, just because it looks like a towel (tuala) with the small strands sticking out of the fleshy skin of the meat.

Help me anyone, what do you call it?
I tried to google, but can't find the word. I am guessing it is the small intestine of a cow :P

So, I will just call it 'Perut Tuala' here he he...maybe until.... some one can help tell me the English name for it ok... :)

I boiled it first. By boiling it will become soft and take away some of the funny smell away. It does have some sort of funny smell, isn't it? :)

Boiled 'Perut Tuala'



Then I will cut it this way



To cook first I saute grounded 3 pieces of garlic, 1 small red onion and a 2" ginger




After adding the cut 'Perut Tuala', I add half a bottle of Maggi Tomato Sauce and some plain water in



When boiled I add in some cut green chillies (leftovers I found in my fridge) and some sliced ginger



Stir well and when boiled, add salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar and ajinomoto to taste. Now I have my 'Perut Tuala' cooked with Maggi Tomato Sauce.

Cooked 'Tomato Sauced Perut Tuala'


This dish is not a popular one in my house. My youngest daughter Noormy loves but only eat it if cooked with Maggi Tomato Sauce. The rest of the children only 'so-so' LOL...
As for me, I eat it cooked in any way!

And of course there are other ways of cooking it.


Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

i dont have any idea, now ni baru terfikit, what is the english term for perut towel ni kan..? hehe...
perut tuala ni masak lemak dengan rebung sedap kan..
:-)

Unknown said...

Perut towel ha ha ha...

Saya okay je...mcm mana masak pun sedap asal cukup rasa :p

p/s. Tadi masih dlm draft post ni, terpublish pula..tak sure nak post gambar2 yg lain sebab tak clear :)

TK said...

I've no idea what is it called in English but perut biasa tu is cow/beef intestine. Yg mcm towel ni not sure pulak. Selau I makan perut masak lemak or gulai only. This recipe is something new to me..As usual masakn Mak Isah nampak sedap as always..

xxx said...

hi mama isah..

:) perut towel nie i owez masak with nanas and cili, pedas2 masam2 kow2.. sedapp!! haha.. i dunno the name in english either? im guessing cow's stomach lining?? hahaha.. :)

Anonymous said...

is it tripe?? perut towel...cute juga namanya :))

Temuk said...

Salam Isah
Mcm Mrs.Bee kata, istilah Inggeris bagi perut (rasanya, tanpa mengira bahagian mana perut) = tripe. Di Indonesia, biasanya dipanggil babat. Wow, rupa-rupanya boleh dimasak dgn sos tomato, ya! Pasti kemasaman tomato mengenakkannya & membuang baunya. Ceria selalu!

Unknown said...

Terima kasih Tk :)
Mak isah selalu makan masak lemak atau gulai perut tuala ni dikenduri nikah kahwin disini...tapi..kat rumah mesti kena masak macam ni, sebab my children like to eat it this way :p

Unknown said...

Mira...cow's stomach lining he he...bole jugak tu!
Tentu sedap ...dengan nenas, ada rasa masam2 dan pedas cili kan?

Unknown said...

Mrs Bee!
Thank you for dropping by, I think you've got the right word! Now I know it's called tripe in English :)

A'ah...perut towel, cute!

Unknown said...

Salam Temuk
'Babat' tu perkataan baru bagi saya :) Macam mana tau ni..pernah diam di Indonesia ke atau Temuk ada keturunan Indonesia? He he..saje nak tanye.. :p

A'ah..boleh dimasak dgn sos tomato Temuk, boleh cuba lain kali!