'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

284. At Half Price!

I love going to 'One Stop Stores', and look what I found at the 'One Stop Store' at the new Center Point, Miri!

These 'microwave safe airproof' plastic containers! One only costs me RM1.25 each, at half price!



I make it a point to visit this store especially when any festival celebrations is going on. Then I get lots of thrifty buys !!

Like now another celebration is going on this coming 1st June, the 'Gawai Celebrations'. These containers are useful to store food in the fridge or even serve them on the table. These in my picture are the smaller ones, which I use for my cendol stuff. There are also a bigger ( about 5" in diameter) version of these same containers which cost only at RM2 each (I bought 2 for my food).


What I like about these containers is because it has 2 small holes at the lid which you can open and close. So if you want to microwave heat your food, just open the lids of the 2 small holes so the food won't spill over when it is heated.

The lid has 2 small holes at the side

Plus it is my favorite color, green! LOL..


I am going to buy some more of the bigger version of these containers before the sale is over so I can store my other food in my fridge :)


Cheerio.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

TK said...

I've always heard about Gawai Festival but never really know what it is. Looking forward to your posting bout Pesta Gawai..Org Semenanjung nak tgok pesta gawai..Nak pegi Sarawak jauhlah pulak!

Hjh Noralenna Abbas said...

Salam Pn Islah,
Lovely containers and the colour is sweet. I'm sure you have other containers before you bought these. What do you do with them? We have this problem when we did some clearing in the store and Ya Allah, what loads of containers we have collected. Take care.

Vie said...

Hi Isah, I just uploaded Sunshine blog award to my blog. Sorry for a long wait. Please check it out at http://www.resourcesformomsandkids.com

Unknown said...

Hi TK, how are you? :)
The 'Gawai' celebrations is done after the harvesting of padi by the ethnic group, the Ibans and the Bidayuh in Sarawak.They celebrate this festive season just like we celebrate our 'Hari Raya Puasa'. Hence ours after one month fasting and theirs after their harvesting.

We visit one another's house on the first day.

I am going to introduce you to one of my blogger friend who celebrate the Gawai celebrations.

Do visit her at
http://www.awomandiary.com/

Happy holidays! :)

Unknown said...

Salam Puan Nora
Yes I do have other containers. I use them. Well, I don't buy containers each time I visit the store, I buy only when I think I need them. The store sells many other things.
So, what do you do with the containers?

Have a good day :)

Unknown said...

hi Vie :)
how are you?

Thank you. Ok, I will!

Hugs