'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

123. Side Dishes

In my house, these are our favourite side dishes, 'Onion Salad' & 'Umai Ikan Yu' Almost all of us loves anything sooo..'pedas'!

I called this one 'Onion salad' because making it is as simple as making a salad. All I need is 2 or 3 'Bawang Bombay', about 10 'cili padi' (very hot small red chillies), half an inch 'Belacan', some dried prawns or I use some anchovies instead, soy sauce, and 3 or 4 'Limau Kasturi' (limes),which I slice and take the juice. Just slice the onions (Bawang Bombay) and the cili padi and mix everything in a bowl.

Onion Salad


Umai Ikan Yu


Slice thinly the fleshy part of a shark fish, add sliced red onions, sliced ginger, sliced 'cili padi', lots of lime (limau kasturi) juice,salt to taste.

I love eating anyone of these side dishes with 'Nasi Goreng' (fried rice) for breakfast in the mornings or eating lunch and dinner with rice.

Have a try on it :)

Cheerio.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: