'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

131. Vegetable



I came to learn how to eat this vegetable since middle of last year I think. This vegetable is called 'Chui Chai' which I had always called it 'Ku Chai'. Now I can't remember who first introduced me to this vegetable.

But this vegetable can be easily found in supermarkets and in the vegetable markets and cheap too.
Anyway, I cooked it this evening. Almost everyone in the household likes to eat it. I cooked it with an egg and some tomatoes.



First cut the vegetable about 1" long with a scissor. Then wash it with a siever, and let to dry.
Pound 2 pieces of garlic, 1 red onion, 1 red chilli.
Heat some cooking oil in a pan, throw in the pounded ingredients.
When cooked, add in the egg and stir for a while.
Add in the 'Ku Chai' and some sliced tomatoes.
Add salt and Ajinomoto to taste.

Cooked 'Chui Chai' or 'Ku Chai'


I had an early dinner eating this with hot rice and my 'Ikan Asam Pedas'. I slept most part of the afternoon and I think that was why when I got up I was feeling quite hungry.

I hope you have a restful Sunday too.

Cheerio.

2 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

Kucai, is a good vegetable. Try it with towgay and soft white towhoo. Saute the garlic and onion and the add the towgay, put in the chopped kucai and then add the cut towhoo last. Sprinkle it with some light soya sauce. It made great dish to go with steamy white rice, if you have salted fish, its heaven. Take care.

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus, Thank you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. Now that makes me hungry lol... I didn't know you can cook too! I love easy to cook dishes. Okayy.. I will try that recipe the next time I have some more 'ku chai' in the house.

Thanks again and do have a great day!