'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Friday, August 14, 2009

129. Buah Kurma for Puasa

Buah Kurma


Buah Bidara (Dates)


I saw these fruits on sale along the old India Street in Kuching the other day. And I took some pictures of it. They were on sale in large quantities over there. Tonight I saw these pictures which I had upload into my Picasa Album and they remind me fasting month is just around the corner, somewhere next week I think, perhaps on the 22nd or 23rd.

Fasting month is called the month of Ramadhan. And Ramadhan is a special month of the year to all the Muslims throughout the world.

The daily period of fasting starts at the breaking of dawn and ends at the setting of the sun. In between, that is, during the daylight hours we Muslims totally abstain from food, drink, smoking, and marital sex. The usual practice is to have a pre-fast meal (suhoor) before dawn and a post-fast meal (iftar) after sunset.

Iftar is also called the breaking of the fast and it is during this time the first thing that we eats is the 'Buah Kurma' before anything else.

There are many types of 'Buah Kurma' and they are of different prices too. Besides the Buah Kurma there were also 'Buah Bidara' (red dates). These, like the Buah Kurma, are also as tasty and contains lots of iron and carbohydrate.

Well, I bought some to bring home the other day, not much but a kilo of each type, and I saw hubby been munching each time he breaks his 'Puasa' days on Mondays & Thursdays.

I should have bought more eh? :)

'Selamat Berpuasa'!

Cheerio.

No comments: