'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

133. Reflexology

Click on the picture to enable reading :)

I read in one of the Borneo Post's 'Nature & Health' and one of the topics there says ' How to Look younger without plastic surgery' and it gives 3 simple strategies for shaving years off your appearance. The first, it says 'Get a Massage'. Well, actually that word 'massage' attract my attention more because reading it, all of a sudden it reminded me that I haven't gone for my reflexology for this month.

When the article says 'Get a Massage' , it was telling more about facial massage than anything else. But like I said, the word 'massage' made me remember :)

I believe whichever part of your body, either it's your face, feet or hands etc., when it's given a massage the ultimate aim is kneading the muscle tissues on your face, feet or hands improves blood circulation, which in turn delivers nutrients and oxygen to the treated areas.

When I said reflexology earlier on, it is a form of bodyword which focuses primarily on the feet, my feet of course :)

I read somewhere that the underlying teory behind reflexology is that there are 'reflex' areas on the feet and hands that correspond to specific organs, glands and other parts of the body.

For example like the tips of the toes reflex the head, the heart and chest are around the ball of the foot, the liver, pancreas and kidney are in the arch of the foot. And the low back and intestines are towards the heel. These certain areas of the foot and the hands were linked to these areas and organs of the body.

So applying pressure to these areas can promote health.

I find reflexology for the most part to be very relaxing. Other factors people go for a reflexology are decrease stress and stress related-conditions, tension headaches, do away digestive disorders, arthritis, insomnia, hormonal inbalances, avoid sport injuries, digestive problems like constipation and like myself less back pain. Most of all I like being pampered once in a while through massaging and I feel vigorated afterwards.

But take note that reflexology is recommended as a complementary therapy and should not replace medical treatment.

Somehow it works on me :) You can try it!

Cheerio.


No comments: