'Simple Moments are Sometimes the Best Moments'

if you like my blog, do follow me!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

135. Ramadhan or Fasting Month


Ramadhan Mubarak Glitter Graphics Icons n Comments @ orkut-scrapbook.com


Have a Blessed Ramadhan


Today Muslims start the fasting month of Ramadhan. One good friend asked,' r u ready for the fasting month?'. I laughed and said,'Biasa jak.'

What I meant was, it will be just like any ordinary day, except we all will be fasting after the 'Imsyak' time early morning and breaking the fast in the evening after 'Magrib'.

My daughter Aya did asked, how is she to cook for me during this fasting month. I also said,' macam biasa.' She still cooks a main dish before she goes to work and in the evening when I am free from looking after my grandson, I will cook the vegetable or any side dishes that I'd like to add on. Afterall that was how it had been all this while.

As far as I can, I do not want to encourage any of the family members to spend too much buying 'kuih-muih' or food from the 'Pasar Ramadhan' in town. Once in a while is fine and in small quantity but not everyday. I could see that once they indulge in the bought 'kuih-muih' they tend to be too full to eat the cooked meals. And I do think that eating just the 'kuih-muih' and not eat an ordinary meal is not healthy for the body.

But I can tell you that this year's 'Pasar Ramadhan' will be just as merry as the past few years' 'Pasar Ramadhan' in my town. It will be fun taking some pictures later on :)

So to start the day, I would like to wish all Muslims
Selamat Berpuasa!

Cheerio.


No comments: